Hi everyone! Today I’m going over my list of favorite websites. Some are great for college itself, and others are just personal favorites of mine at the moment.
- Goodreads.com: This is the perfect social media website for book lovers. You can find new books, create lists for books you’ve read, want to read, or are currently reading. You can also add people you know to see what they’re reading and suggesting.
- Quizlet.com: A lifesaver during exams. Create flashcards for classes, lectures, chapters, etc. You can share them with others to help them as well, or search for other peoples flashcard sets, and maybe you’ll already find some made up.
- Grammarly.com: This website is great, especially if you have trouble with editing and spelling. You can also download the Google Chrome app to have Grammarly spellcheck everything you type up online as well.
- Ratemyprofessors.com: A popular choice among us college students, this website lets you see reviews of professors from the college of your choice. Search up a professor for a class you are registered for to see what you are in for. Past students review professors to help the people of the future out. (It’s saved me a few times.)
- Canva.com: If you are in need of graphics for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any social media website, this is your place to start. You can also create designs for flyers, brochures and more. It’s great for organizations, and it’s free to use!
- 8fit.com : Also an app for your phone, 8fit will help you record your workouts, meals, etc. It will also remind you to work out every day you set a schedule. This app also gives set workouts for you to do at home as well.
- Easybib.com: Need help on how to cite your sources? Easybib.com can do just that. We all have to write papers during our college career; Easybib can help you format all your sources if you aren’t sure how to do so.
- Mint.com: Also an app, this website helps us track our expenses, our bills, and our money. We could all use help budgeting, and this app is perfect for college kids.
- GroupMe: This app is the perfect tool for when you’re put into that group of random people you don’t know, but you all want to get your project done. Use group me to communicate and send pictures. I used it for my last group project because we couldn’t meet up in person all the time.
- Honey.com: Add this application to your Google Chrome browser, and start saving money. Honey collects coupon codes for websites you use for shopping, and when you go to check out, Honey will calculate the best coupon code for your purchases. I’ve actually saved quite a bit over the years using this website.