It’s spring break for most colleges this time of year. Some students went to Florida, some went out to a different country, and me? I went home for spring break.
My home is a small town, three hours north of my university. My friends and I call it a retirement community. Which means: not much to do except drinking with your friends.
Here’s my list of advice (and what I’ll be doing) to live up spring break while at home:
- Visit friends from back home: I just recently visited one of my best friends from back home. It really made me happy to be around good people I’m comfortable with, once again.
- Spend time with your family: YES, actually do it. When I lived with family, I couldn’t stand being around them. Now that I’m away at college, I actually really enjoy spending time with family.
- Catch up on some shows on Netflix: The first part of your semester has been stressful. It’s OK to take a break and just be lazy.
- Take a relaxing bath: Give yourself a spa day. You deserve the relaxation. You go girl. (or guy!).
- Go for a drive: Take a drive around town. Let your mind wander. Go visit some old places and let your nostalgia flow.
- Work out: It’s not too early to start planning for your summer body.
- Finish reading a book: Do it. I’ve been trying to finish The Shining for 6 months now, I’m trying to get it finished by the end of spring break.
- Bake: Bake some cookies or some other goodies. Bake with your mom, bake with a friend.
- Shop local: Go try out a local store you haven’t been to yet.
- Go for a picnic: If the weather is actually nice out; go enjoy yourself and go for a picnic. Invite friends!
It’s the little things that count; make the most of your spring break, even if you can’t go somewhere warm and exotic!